Why People use C??
· C is friendlier for making external libraries
· C requires less runtime support. Makes it more suitable for low-level environments such as embedded systems or OS components.
· C programs compile faster than the programs written in C++, because parsing C is much easier than parsing C++.
· We can use C to interface with other languages easily. A lot of languages will let you call C functions directly.
· Variable sized arrays on stack are supported by C.
· Static initialize is safe in C.
· C gives you better control over what happens when your code is executed.
We can see the result of a survey conducted to determine the mostly used Language.
· C is the base for almost all popular programming languages.
· C language is most preferred, for game programming, over C++ because C doesn’t have extra burden of Object oriented features.
Why is Java Used?
· Java is designed to work in the distributed environment on the Internet.
· Java has a GUI features that provides you better experience over the C++ language, moreover it is easier to use than C++ and works on the concept of object-oriented programming model.
· Java is used to develop executable, distributed applications for delivery to a Java-enabled Web browser or the Java Interpreter.
· We can create the following :
Applets: Programs that are called through an HTML page and run on a Java-enabled browser.
Applications: Java programs executed independently of a browser. The execution is done using the Java interpreter.
· Web Interactivity is designed using Java.
· It is an Object-Oriented Language, much like C++, but it has the advantage of allocating memory in a particular way that makes it run more quickly.
Capabilities of C
· C is often used for "system programming
· C can also be used for website programming using CGI as a "gateway" for information between the Web application, the server, and the browser.
· Embedded Devices can be programmed using C.
· Real Time Operating Systems also use C Programming Language.
· C language is used to write some hardware drivers.
· We can directly write to the memory.